Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Great Business Card Conundrum

My first order of business as a "real attorney" (even though I really feel the definition of "real attorney" is having an actual client....) was going to be...order exciting business cards that say "Jessica M. Crockett, Esq." on them. While I would like to delude myself into believing that I will be handing these out like Gideons and copies of the New Testatment, I really just want to have something to look at that makes me feel like a real attorney. Plus, I have a great monogrammed business card holder that really needs to be used.

However, when attempting to get online to order these fabulous cards that will be the essence of "Jessica M. Crockett...Attorney Version...," (or at least the essence of the free templates online) I was overwhelmed at all the options. First, you have to decide WHICH site to use. Then ALL of them have free business cards...with a reasonable amount of template choices. However, for just like four dollars more, you can pick from thousands of other pre-made templates. Generally, these pre-made templates look cooler....BUT there are so many to look at.

Once you pick the template...then there is the paper finish choice, paper color choice, ink color, embossed or not embossed, what to actually put on the card...I mean, while I think it looks cheesy...I almost like the scales of justice because it takes up space on the card...which otherwise looks pathetic with a wimpy "Jessica M. Crockett, Esq., Licensed in the State of Ohio, e-mail and phone..." What to do??? This was supposed to be exciting and now it is just a big hassle. Any suggestions??

1 comment:

  1. I would go with the scales of justice. Just having a name and contact information on a business card is boring. And boring is not a word I would ever use to describe you.

    ReplyDelete